POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firebird : Re: Firebird Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Firebird
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 10 Oct 2011 06:00:00
Message: <4e92c220$1@news.povray.org>
Thx for the reply :) I'm just learning and making university projects
for my classes so I don't think I'll be needing 64K rows :D, quite less
I assume.

I forgot to mention that I use Windows (7 64-bits).

  For what I read InterBase was very powerful and advanced and made with
lots of love :) and since the same people and other passionate
contributors are developing Firebird from Open Source InterBase I though
that was the way to go, besides I have been advised that many InterBase
applications where written in Delphi and that many InterBase developers
switched to Firebird.

  I wanted to know the what other people thought about it and what they
compared to; for what I read is quite a complete and powerful plus easy
to use and learn database manager but I wanted other opinions and POVs,
thx for yours again :)