From: Invisible
Date: 10 Oct 2011 05:49:01
Message: <4e92bf8d$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/10/2011 02:03 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> find or locate does the job just fine, and beagle
> and its successors are just resource pigs.

And yet, everybody seems to think that Beagle and similar should be
installed and enabled by default on every desktop system. It's usually
one of the first things I go to uninstall. (But then of course, it
complains about all the other stuff that won't work any more...)

> Though I find that the state of Linux GUIs is improving.  Certainly has
> since I started using it.

Linux GUIs used to suck horribly. Now they're mostly reasonable, but
usually not as good as a typical Windows program. (There are of course
many individual exceptions to this generalisation...)