POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firebird : Firebird Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Firebird
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 10 Oct 2011 00:17:59
Message: <4e9271f7@news.povray.org>
I'm new to programming (trying Delphi 7.2 now, will try 2007 later on)
and quite a n00b on databases so if you're experienced I'd be grateful
if you could give me your input on this. Why Firebird? because I liked
Borland products, only tried Turbo Pascal and Delphi but in general they
served well to people and now reading the Interbase History
(http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/historical-reference/) I realized that
the original authors continue to develop the original source code, as
Firebird, and advice the community.

I also found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_relational_database_management_systems
and Firebird looks pretty decent. I don't understand much the database
terminology but I do the rest, so I think Firebird is OK. Any thoughts?