From: Darren New
Date: 9 Oct 2011 16:15:29
Message: <4e9200e1@news.povray.org>
On 10/9/2011 10:28, Jim Henderson wrote:
> My point was data is data is data is data, regardless of structure
> assigned to that data.  If you put a "binary blob" in the Windows
> registry, something knows what the structure of that blob means,
> otherwise it's just random data.

OK. I've lost track of why you'd make such a point, but sure.

>>> Though I find that the state of Linux GUIs is improving.  Certainly has
>>> since I started using it.
>>
>> Oh, tremendously. But they're still a PITA compared to Windows'
>> explorer, methinks.
>
> Depends entirely on what you're used to.

I expect there are some areas where you can definitely say "this feature is
better implemented than that feature", and a bunch where it's much more
important what you're used to.

But I think it's safe to say that having three different copy/paste buffers
and having each program decide which key combination to use to address each
one is inferior to having one copy/paste buffer consistently implemented,
for example.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?