From: Darren New
Date: 9 Oct 2011 16:08:03
Message: <4e91ff23@news.povray.org>
On 10/9/2011 10:15, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Well, I think you probably would - some of the compiled code would
> already be in object form, and the compiler wouldn't have to compile it
> again.

Nope. This was one giant compile of one source file. (Well, lots of nested
includes, etc.) I didn't have to log back in, restart the compile, or
anything like that. Plus, of course, on Linux, you'd have a corrupted output
file, because Make doesn't check that the compile finished, only that the
object code has a timestamp later than the source code.

> The thing is that on Linux, if you have a problem and report it, there's
> a far better chance it'll be fixed quickly.

Probably true. Unless like you're a giant corporation or something, yeah.

>> I'm not describing faults. I'm describing "catching up with other more
>> popular systems."
>
> It's good to see Windows catching up with Linux, isn't it?  Some of the
> features in Win8 have been available in Linux for years. ;)

And vice versa.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?