From: Darren New
Date: 8 Oct 2011 22:13:00
Message: <4e91032c$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/8/2011 18:00, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Well, Andy wants to compare modern Linux distributions with a 10-year old
> version of Windows.<shrug>

Sure. I was just offering a counterpoint. Windows and Linux both come on one
DVD. (I don't know if both 32 and 64 Windows come on the same DVD. I've just
seen directory listings.) Linux without apps fits on a CD. Windows without
apps doesn't.

> Yes, I certainly do.  Software documentation of most kinds absolutely
> sucks rocks these days.  It tends to focus on what the software does
> rather than how to do it or why you'd want to use it the way they
> designed it.

Or even in enough completeness you could use it. I remember learning APL
from the APL interpreter manual that came with the computer. How cool is
that? I learned UNIX by sitting down and reading thru the tome of man pages.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?