From: Darren New
Date: 8 Oct 2011 22:05:34
Message: <4e91016e$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/8/2011 17:32, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> On 08/10/2011 08:38 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 10/8/2011 2:41, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> I bought some hardware that lets me remotely connect to my
>>> grandparent's PC.
>>
>> Why do you need that? All that sort of thing is built into Windows.
>
> Really? So how do I create an encrypted video connection to the target
> machine, while at the same time preventing anybody else from doing the same?

Have your target go to the help center and send you an email for "remote
assistance", and have them tell you the password over the phone. (You might
have to have them turn on "cp->system->remote->allow remote assistance" if
they've turned it off.)

If you have a non-"home" version of Windows, set up Remote Desktop, which is
in controlpanel->system->remote settings->remote->allow remote desktop. Of
course, once they've done the former, you can remote in and do the latter
for them.

HTH!

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)