From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Oct 2011 12:47:25
Message: <4e907e9d$1@news.povray.org>
>>> or cooperative shared editting.
>>
>> It's news to me that /any/ version of Office has that.
>
> That's kind of my point.

So... how do you do that?

>>> And that is why the world still runs Microsoft. :-)
>>
>> Well, no, that's /one of/ the reasons...
>
> Fair enough. But I think that's one of the *main* reasons small
> businesses without a bunch of money still use it on the desktop.

Major reasons include:

- They've heard of it.

- Everybody else is using it. (Easier to interact with clients, easier
to find people who know how to use it, etc.)

- Because everybody else uses it, it gives some people the impression
that it's the "correct" choice because that's what all the "big boys" use.

- Because it's so popular, there's a lot of software for it.

These arguments would all apply to /any/ product which has captured the
majority of the market. And then, yes, there are a few things that MS
product do that I haven't seen a comparable competetor for.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/