POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold." : Re: "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold." Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold."
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 8 Oct 2011 01:33:17
Message: <4e8fe09d$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/7/2011 9:44 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> When it comes postage due, that's an even higher cost.  Advertising
>> that's difficult to avoid and worth less than it costs to dispose of it
>> is spam. Spam filters work by making it cost less to dispose of the
>> spam, and thus letting through only the advertising you care about.
>
> Actually to solve the postal service problem, I think they should raise
> the rates on bulk mail, especially for advertisers.
>
> Jim
You mean the, "You need to prepay, unlike any other company, people's
pensions, so that we can call you a failure and privatize all of it.",
problem?

I am willing to put up with 10 times the idiot advertisers, if just 10%
of the money involved went into harassing the idiots that come up with
this shit more than they do me.

Another good one in the same vein of, "Lets break it, so we can later
fix it." is the joke where one state's Rethuglicans are arguing
"against" giving all votes to the Electoral College, because it costs
them like 40% of the "votes" they would get there, because 100% of the
votes there go to the "winner" of the most votes. A few states over,
they want to "fix" the opposite problem... They want all votes in that
state to be lumped into a single "winner takes all" system, because
there are like 15 votes there, or something, but last election they only
got like 8 of them, so *letting* every districts vote count separately
in that state "lost them" 7 votes.

In other words, according to their logic, its "unfair" if someone else
gets 100% of the votes, in a place where the are outnumbered, but even
*more* "unfair" for anyone to get *any* votes at all, in a place where
the Rethuglicans outnumber their opponents.

The whole, "lets save the Post Office we intentionally bankrupted, by
raising prices, or closing stores, instead of repealing stupid
legislation", is pretty much par for the course for these assholes. And,
you just know they have some insane poll on it, where the answers are:

1. This answer makes you look like an ass.
2. This answer we can twist to claim you want to screw the Post Office.
3. This answer is just here to make you either admit ignorance, or look
like a complete idiot, either way, we win by showing that the public
doesn't know what is best for itself.