POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold." : Re: "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold." Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold."
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Oct 2011 18:40:45
Message: <4e8f7fed@news.povray.org>
On 10/7/2011 11:55, Jim Henderson wrote:
> I would agree.  I define it as "advertising I didn't ask for".

All advertising is advertising you didn't ask for. Otherwise it's product
literature. :-)

I would say (for example) that most "junk mail" would be spam. But someone
standing in the door of the store handing out coupons good in that store for
products you may or may not be there to buy wouldn't be spam. The server
telling you the specials of the day is advertisement but not spam. (Unless
the special of the day is spam, of course.)

I don't think you can take someone who says "I hate all forms of all
advertising" and use their opinions to base "good advertising vs bad
advertising" discussions.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?