From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Oct 2011 15:13:26
Message: <4e8f4f56$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 09:15:06 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>> Audio certainly is an area that's recognised as being problematic.
>
> Really? I thought that was Wi-Fi.

Nah, Wi-Fi is pretty easy - either it works or it doesn't.  Either you
have the firmware necessary or you don't.

Audio is so horribly complex on Linux because there's at least 3
different systems to use it, and nobody's standardised on one.  OSS.
Alsa.  PulseAudio.  The standards were all not standardised, so they
decided to fix the problem by creating ANOTHER STANDARD.

Gah.

Jim