From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Oct 2011 13:51:41
Message: <4e8f3c2d$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/7/2011 1:47 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> But then it (unreasonably) pisses me off watching some other people use
>> their computers. Their slow deliberate use of the mouse and context menu
>> makes me want to shove them aside and drive myself. Lord! I'm getting to
>> be a crusty old man. :-)
>
> No, that was already annoying me 20 years ago...
Sigh.. You people are the cause of things like Blender being a damn
nightmare of hotkeys you have to memorize to do shit, even in the new
version, instead of a damn toolbar, and controls that are in places that
make some slight sense. Though.. I suppose it is marginally better than
K-3D, which seems to use the toolbar to insert animation elements, while
using a right click menu for the "actual" build functions (with
identical names)... I mean, how the frak are you supposed to scroll
through 900 damn menu items to find something, often with some bizarre
name, instead of using the toolbar to just pick the "bend this"
function? I seriously wonder some times about the sanity of the people
that write some of these applications.

Still. For someone that doesn't have enough money to shell out $4,000 in
software, to get the applications that are the top line out there, I ask
just one question, "Why they hell isn't there anything that comes even
'vaguely' close to Rhinoceros?" At least Photoshop has both Gimp, and
the cheaper, but still not free, but close enough, Paintshop Pro. But,
you want Nurbs... Good luck finding one that fully supports it, and
isn't an, "all in one, so we do everything incompletely, and in the most
confusing way possible", application.

And, somehow, using Wings, just isn't going to be real fun. The only up
side is, I am looking for one to export to a non-nurbs mesh, and/or
directly to Collada (or how ever its spelled), because Linden Labs
"finally" got off their asses and supported mesh imports, instead of the
nightmare displacement map idiocy they called "sculpties", and everyone
else called "prim torture". lol