From: Invisible
Date: 7 Oct 2011 10:36:23
Message: <4e8f0e67$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/10/2011 03:29 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 07/10/2011 11:44 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> Seriously. Name /one thing/ that Word 2010 has that Word 2 for
>> Workgroups didn't have.
>
> They have added the ability to embed another document inside word
> instead of just linking to it. Very handy if you want to create a
> document locally and upload it to a secure server.

I'm fairly sure Office v2 had that. I may be wrong. Certainly Office 97
definitely had that. And that was, what, 14 years ago?

>> How about Excel 2010? Well, Excel 2 had charts. They looked horrid, but
>> they were there. Each new release of Excel adds a few more chart types.
>
> Talking about charts, the ability to get trend lines from your data and
> display the equation, is useful. Before you had to use Power Point for
> that.

Excel 97 had trend lines. Again, 14 years ago.

> I've not used Access for yonks and Power Point makes me fall asl...
> zzzzz ;-)

I think that's an issue with the kind of people who use PowerPoint,
rather than an issue with the software itself. ;-)

>> And then there's Outlook.
>
> If you have ever used Lotus Notes you would not be complaining. ;-)

Outlook is quite nice. Exchange is a hellish nightmare. (Or at least,
the version I used was. That was a while ago now...)

In fairness, I'm not aware of anything else that does what Outlook and
Exchange do.