From: Stephen
Date: 7 Oct 2011 05:25:58
Message: <4e8ec5a6@news.povray.org>
On 06/10/2011 11:54 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Ye’r not biased by any chance?
> Oh, yes, I'm biased, and I don't try to hide it.:)

I know, I know. :-)

>> >  Actually I can’t be bothered to learn another OS and like Andrew I’ve
>> >  got lots of s/ware that works on Windoze.
> Whereas I can't be bothered to use Windows for the vast majority of what
> I use a computer for these days, and I don't have a collection of Windows
> software holding me back.<gd&rvvvf>

That is another point. I need the M$ Office Suite for work and
complained bitterly when they changed to Office 2007. Which reminds me
of the faux quote attributed to Petronius Arbiter.

"We trained hard... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to
form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life
that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful
method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing
confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization."

> But my point above was that if you're citing "numlock doesn't behave the
> way I'm used to" as "another reason to give Linux a miss", it's not
> really that great of a reason.;)

It is no reason at all, at all. :-D

--
Regards