From: Darren New
Date: 7 Oct 2011 00:35:09
Message: <4e8e817d$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/6/2011 21:13, Jim Henderson wrote:
> You don't know anything about ChromeOS, do you?

Only what I've heard people talking about at lunch. Nothing that would help
any more than my complaining about Linux does. ;-)

> LOL, as long as you realize that there are loads of people for whom it's
> not a problem. :)

I think of all the areas, "audio" and "usability" are recognized as being
low on the list for Linux. And by "usability", I mean things like "give the
focus to the window I just opened, instead of some random window on some
other workspace" and "when I plug in a USB audio device, yeah, I probably
want to use that one without launching an xterm to select it. Oh, and by the
way, the volume control slider? Probably a good idea to set the volume of
the audio device to the setting of the volume control slider without me
having to go and manually slide it up and down a bit to get it to apply to
the newly selected audio device."   Just dumb crap like that that isn't
worth fixing if nobody is paying you to do so.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?