From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Oct 2011 13:38:26
Message: <4e8de792$1@news.povray.org>
>> I'm still trying to figure out how to make it permanently impossible to
>> ever turn numlock off under any circumstances. Every single ****ing time
>> I use Linux, I seem to have to turn numlock back on every 20 seconds. I
>> DO NOT EVER WANT IT TO TURN OFF!!!>_<
>
> It never changes state here for me automatically.

Interesting. Every time I boot the PC, it turns off. Every time I log in
to the shell, it turns off. Every time I start X, it turns off. Every
time I stop X, it turns off. Every time I log out of the shell, it turns
off. It /constantly/ turns off.

Wait for the PC to boot up, turn on numlock, log in, turn numlock back
on, start X, turn numlock back on /again/. Teach the X configuration.
Stop X. Turn numlock back on. Start KDM. Turn numlock back on. Log in as
a user. Turn numlock on again. See the pattern here?

I did once see somebody from the local LUG explain how to keep numlock
permanently enabled in the shell, but it didn't seem to affect X.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/