From: Darren New
Date: 6 Oct 2011 11:53:24
Message: <4e8dcef4$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/6/2011 1:02, Invisible wrote:
>  From what I've seen, both layouts are equally common.

AT&T actually studied about 20 or 25 different keyboard layouts, including
2x5, circular, all four rectangles, etc, to see how fast people could dial
each one.  You got the one that won out.

I don't know if similar studies were ever done for calculators, but I'd
expect not.  I suspect it's more that they had the low numbers lower on the
keyboard for consistency with older mechanical calculators where the low
numbers had to be physically farther from the display.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?