POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another tech startup : Re: Another tech startup Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another tech startup
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Oct 2011 05:24:33
Message: <4e8d73d1@news.povray.org>
>> Really, the accident happened on a straight section of motorway. If I'm
>> going to use a vector drawing package, it wouldn't take too long to draw
>> a couple of straight lines and dashed lines to represent the road. The
>> hard part would be drawing something to represent the vehicles...
>
> Clip-Art. For example SketchUp has vast libraries of objects and no
> doubt there are many types of vehicles amongst them.

The only vector drawing package I know of is Inkscape - which doesn't
come with anything like that. Although I guess I could use SketchUp.
It's not really optimal for 2D work, but I guess you could do it.

> Don't underestimate the appearance of reality in anything intended to
> convince people of some sequence of events.

I could probably produce something detailed enough in a few seconds with
a simple pencil and paper. (Ah, but you can't email that to people...)