From: Invisible
Date: 5 Oct 2011 11:03:06
Message: <4e8c71aa$1@news.povray.org>
>>> To be fair, if there were a few more items, you'd probably need to
>>> write it down just to keep track of it all. But two pencil sharpeners
>>> which are £1.95 each shouldn't trouble anybody...
>>
>> I blame the education system. I don’t know what for but something is to
>> blame.
>
> Technology.  Why should one have to figure out how to do sums when
> everyone has a phone with a calculator built into it?

Heh. My phone has a calculator, but it'll take you five minutes to
figure out which submenu it's burried under. And then to remember which
key you have to hold for 3 seconds to make the various mathematical
operators appear...

(Then again, it'll take you 20 seconds just to cancel out of the random
submenu that the phone has opened in your pocket for no defined reason.)

It still amuses me when I see people in the lab sitting in front of a PC
with a 3 GHz dual-core 64-bit processor, and using a desktop calculator
to work out what numbers to key into the computer. ;-)