POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another tech startup : Re: Another tech startup Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another tech startup
From: Invisible
Date: 5 Oct 2011 09:14:45
Message: <4e8c5845@news.povray.org>
>> Another software design failure. :-P
>
> I had no problem dragging 12 lanes of road on the canvas. I don't see
> why you had issues with it.

Because there isn't an option to drag *one* lane onto the canvas. You
can drag *two* lanes with a curb on either side. One *four* lanes with a
central divide. But there's no way that I can discover to allow you to
draw 4 lanes going each way.

> Also, chances are that if your accident involved all 8 lanes, there will
> be a police report, and more than likely tv footage of the scene. In
> that case, you don't need to draw the scene yourself.

You probably do, you know.

Really, the accident I need to draw involved two lanes. The only reason
to draw all the others is to make it clear what happened.

> Nice tool, but I don't think it'll be the next killer app.

Quite. A nice idea, executed poorly.