POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quoth the raven, "nevermore". : Re: Quoth the raven, "nevermore". Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quoth the raven, "nevermore".
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 2 Oct 2011 11:08:44
Message: <4e887e7c$1@news.povray.org>
> Worst.
>
> Dream.
>
> EVER.
>
>  >_<

Several people have commented on how you might or might not survive a
catastrophy like this. What nobody seems to have much to say about is
what would happen to your sanity if you were faced with a thousand
million glassy lifeless eyes staring at you.

I feel almost certain that you would not remain sane for very long.

Also, I can't begin to tell you how disturbing this dream was while it
was actually happening to me! o_O

Coincidentally, I just saw somebody on a random web forum ask people
what they'd do if the human race suddenly vanished. Being a gaming
forum, most people claimed that they'd play computer games until the
power went down, and then comit suicide. Others suggested they would
collect as many guns as possible and find a large defensible building to
live in. Still others claimed that they would learn farming. Several
people wanted to visit Area 51 to see if they really have aliens there.
And some people said they would learn enough science to create new
lifeforms. (Er, right.)

Interestingly, several forum users appear to be female. (I know, it's
quite surprising really.) And most of them claimed they would find the
nearest sperm bank and "hope my birthing hips are adaquate to repopulate
the Earth". Man, that's one *hell* of a lot of work, right there! o_O

I rather suspect that no matter what your plans, in reality most typical
humans wouldn't last more than a year or two if the rest of humanity
vanished from around them. But hey...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/