POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life in Gancaloon (wip) : Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 2) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 2)
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Oct 2011 04:52:40
Message: <4e882658$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/10/2011 9:00 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> This is looking very good Stephen!

Thanks

> Finer and more hairs is of course
> better in close up. At a distance, one should be able to get away with
> lower density... That might be the choice to make when building a scene.

As you say. :-)
For scenes the least that you can get away with the better. There is
enough demand on system resources without adding large meshes.

> In any case, Poseray is handling the hairs quite nicely now, though I
> would like to see some improvement on the handling of the different hair
> files generated. There appears to be some confusion with the name-giving
> which should be more straightforward and directly related to the
> original names.

I noticed that.

> I shall see if I can make a proposal to FlyerX about this.

Not a bad idea.

BTW I'm still using PoseRay v3.12.2 as the current Beta forces the use
of sRGB Colours. Unfortunately this is not compatible with Bishop3D and
I don't want to take the time out to explore the colour spaces ATM

--
Regards
     Stephen