POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life in Gancaloon (wip) : Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 2) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 2)
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Oct 2011 10:53:09
Message: <4e872955@news.povray.org>
On 01/10/2011 3:31 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 1-10-2011 12:04, Stephen wrote:
>

>> exported. So I tried a few times just using them. A quick test shows
>> that 6000 hairs are too much. ;-)
>
> Maybe I am seeing something else, but without Show Population you only
> get the guide hairs I believe, while with Show Population checked, you
> get guide hairs *and* the rest of the Hair Dresser's creation.

That's why I wrote somewhen. This was back when the hair room was
introduced.

I was also wrong about 6000 hairs being too much. My problem was the
PoseRay settings. I needed to set Root diameter to 0.0002.
Just playing about, I've exported a mesh with 16000 hairs and get not
bad results. Although I managed to crash RC3 when I tried to load the
mesh file into the editor.

--
Regards
     Stephen