POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life in Gancaloon (wip) : Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 2) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 2)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Oct 2011 03:33:15
Message: <4e86c23b$1@news.povray.org>
On 30-9-2011 14:29, Stephen wrote:
>> By the way, the latest Poseray solution for dynamic hair is quite
>> satisfying (cylinders instead of sheets). I am working on a beard and
>> hair for my Beggar and the main concern now is to get a satisfying
>> texture. I shall show some results soon.
>
> Please do. I can't seem to find any reasonable settings in either Poser
> or PoseRay except for cornrows.

A couple of things you should do after reaping the corn ;-)

1) In Poser: Before exporting, adjust the Hair Density to your needs,
and check Show Population (very important!).

2) In Poseray: Convert Lines to Tubes: set Minimum Line Length to 0; set
Root diameter to 0.01; set Tip Diameter to 0.001.

3) In Poseray: Only export the tube_groups to POV-Ray, not the Lines
(switch those off in the Group Menu).

With this you have a working basis from which to experiment on.

Thomas