POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life in Gancaloon (wip) : Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 3) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 3)
From: Alain
Date: 30 Sep 2011 22:08:46
Message: <4e86762e@news.povray.org>

> This is how I want it.
>
> 2-pass render with a scattering media, but without area light in the
> second pass. Still +3hours render time with 6 threads. With an area
> light I judge from testing that render time would be multiplied by 10.
>
> Thomas

Coming along nicely.

As for the area light, adaptive is a must. Start with adaptive 0, and
increase to adaptive 1 or 2 only if you have disturbing artefacts.
Looking at the actual scene, it's probable that adaptive 0 will be
correct, with, maybe, some pixel sized glitches near the torch holder on
the wall.

Most of the time, with adaptive 0, the time hit is barely larger than 4,
even with high density arays like 17 * 17, 33 * 33 or 65 * 65.