POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life in Gancaloon (wip) : Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 3) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 3)
From: Stephen
Date: 30 Sep 2011 08:27:48
Message: <4e85b5c4$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/09/2011 12:48 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> This is how I want it.
>
> 2-pass render with a scattering media, but without area light in the
> second pass. Still +3hours render time with 6 threads. With an area
> light I judge from testing that render time would be multiplied by 10.

That's good and I like the green top. The shape gives an impression of
movement.

One thing though. I looked at the image in PSP then changed the gamma
(As I do). When I dropped the gamma to 0.2 most of the image darkened to
invisibility. Except for Yi or is it Er? The one holding the big
toothpick. Is this something to do with the image map gamma? And Er's or
is it Yi's sword.

--
Regards
     Stephen