POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic : Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 29 Sep 2011 11:52:22
Message: <4e849436@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 09:16:20 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> Star War was originaly made as a 3 parts saga made of 3
>>> periods/trilogies. Rise of the Empire, The rebelion, The new Republic.
>>
>> Yep, I remember that from when I was a kid.  I used to dream about
>> watching all 9 films back-to-back.
>
> I watched the extended versions of all three LotR films in the same day
> once.
>
> I felt like I just ran a marathon or something...

We do that once a year (this year twice, because we got the Blu-Ray
versions).  It is a marathon, has to be started around 9 AM to finish at
a reasonable time. :)

>>> We are yet to get episods 7, 8 and 9 that where originaly planed. The
>>> scripts where writen a long time ago... Aparently, Luke will go totaly
>>> to the dark side, but will manage to, with some great help from Leila,
>>> come back to the bright side and ultimately manage to master both
>>> sides in an harmonious way.
>>
>> It doesn't sound like we'll get to hear that story, though.
>
> That's the thing about Episode 3. Who wants to see a guy go mad and
> become evil? That's not a very happy story...

Not all stories are intended to be 'happy'.  Empire Strikes Back ends
with the rebels getting their asses handed to them.  Not exactly a
cheerful ending, but most consider it the best of the 6 films.

I was glad that episode 3 ended the way it did - how else could it have
ended, given what the audience knows about Vader after episode 6?

Jim