POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A rare moment : Re: A rare moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A rare moment
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Sep 2011 17:38:57
Message: <4e8393f1@news.povray.org>
On 28/09/2011 9:30 PM, andrel wrote:
> Me too, funny isn't it. I am part of a culture that is a few thousand
> years old (although it has changed so much since the late 60's (and a
> few times before and after) that you can hardly call it the same
> culture). I have had friends living in houses that date back from before
> columbus. Still, I was born in the 60's and there nothing that makes me
> older than an American of the same age.

When every day you pass without paying special attention to ancient
things it makes you blasé. As a child my milk round took me past Govan
Old Parish Church where you could see carvings from the 10th and 11th
centuries. Provand's Lordship near Glasgow Cathedral was built in the
15th Cent. 100 year old houses don’t look particularly old. Luckily we
did not have too many air raids during WWII

--
Regards
     Stephen