POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A rare moment : Re: A rare moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A rare moment
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Sep 2011 05:44:53
Message: <4e82ec95$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/09/2011 9:54 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Absolutely.  It's one of the things I dislike about the American
> 'persona'.  We're not a homogenous people in any way, but I think
> especially in our level of conceit.  Some here are*far*  more conceited
> than others, and they aren't afraid to tell the whole world that they're
> wrong.

My experience agrees with this. Most Americans that I have met are
polite and courteous and when they say “have a good day”. I feel that
they mean it.

> They forget that our democracy is only about 200 years old, and there are
> far, far older civilizations in the world that have much more
> experience.  We're collectively like the teenager at the stage of "I know
> everything and my parents no NOTHING".  But individually, we're not.

I’ve also noticed that a lot of Americans, and Australians too, develop
an inferiority complex when confronted with something more than 400
years old.

--
Regards
     Stephen