POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life in Gancaloon (wip) : Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 2) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 2)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Sep 2011 10:08:09
Message: <4e81d8c9$1@news.povray.org>
On 27-9-2011 15:09, Stephen wrote:
>> I agree. Something that needs more work. Cloth parameters are tricky to
>> get right. Already here, stretch resistance is fairly high (the params
>> are mainly based on silk) and the hem is narrower than the top. Still,
>> the result is not totally satisfying. I continue working on it though.
>>

> I meant that you should try putting at least a few points of the front
> of the hem in the constrained group. That should keep it close to the
> models body.
Yes. A more interesting solution is to apply a bit of wind force, here
coming from the staircase. That solves the issue, although I need to
look into a couple of other issues concerning the top itself.

>> By the way, the latest Poseray solution for dynamic hair is quite
>> satisfying (cylinders instead of sheets). I am working on a beard and
>> hair for my Beggar and the main concern now is to get a satisfying
>> texture. I shall show some results soon.
>

> Bishop3D will work with. I tried running PAE from Poser++ to animate
> some hair today but found that PAE will only work with Poser 4 BVH
> files. Drat!
I see. Well, you will need at least to wait for the beta to turn into
Poseray v.3.13 (or whatever) probably when POV-Ray exits the RC stage(?).

> I upgraded my Poser 7 to Poser Pro 2010 to take advantage of my 64 bit
> system. It is much faster loading and saving scenes than Poser 7,

> much since I upgraded it in March
I use Poser 8 now mostly. It works far better under Windows 7 than under
WinXP where I still needed Poser 7 for several things. I do not intend
for the time being to upgrade to Poser 9 or the latest Poser Pro. The
program works fine for me at this moment and I did not see any real
major improvements which I might need.

Thomas