POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life in Gancaloon (wip) : Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 2) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life in Gancaloon (wip 2)
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Sep 2011 09:09:17
Message: <4e81cafd$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/09/2011 7:53 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I agree. Something that needs more work. Cloth parameters are tricky to
> get right. Already here, stretch resistance is fairly high (the params
> are mainly based on silk) and the hem is narrower than the top. Still,
> the result is not totally satisfying. I continue working on it though.

I meant that you should try putting at least a few points of the front
of the hem in the constrained group. That should keep it close to the
models body.

> By the way, the latest Poseray solution for dynamic hair is quite
> satisfying (cylinders instead of sheets). I am working on a beard and
> hair for my Beggar and the main concern now is to get a satisfying
> texture. I shall show some results soon.

Bishop3D will work with.  I tried running PAE from Poser++ to animate
some hair today but found that PAE will only work with Poser 4 BVH
files. Drat!
I upgraded my Poser 7 to Poser Pro 2010 to take advantage of my 64 bit
system. It is much faster loading and saving scenes than Poser 7,

much since I upgraded it in March

--
Regards
     Stephen