From: Alain
Date: 26 Sep 2011 18:45:38
Message: <4e810092@news.povray.org>

> Warp<war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:
>> http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/09/23/switzerland.science/?hpt=ieu_c1
>>
>> --
>>                                                            - Warp
>
> Public and media reactions strike me as being reminiscent of the days when

> is it such a shock when we are reminded for the umpteenth time that the MODELS
> that we build in accordance with our various theories apply to a specific range
> of observed phenomena and that the greater universe as a whole is under no
> obligation to constrain its existence within those parameters?  M-theory should

> .... eleven dimensions?
>

> interesting than an ordinary flaw in the experiment or the equipment.  It could
> be a real opportunity to learn something very interesting about the structure of
> spacetime.   I know this is a REAL stretch, but /IF/ this is a first case of
> being able to generate a trajectory from within 3D+t space that moves outside of
> it*, the implications COULD be profound. The hypothesis... OK, conjecture ;-)...

> anything truly essential missing from modern inquiries into high energy physics,

> These folks will always find (or invent) SOMETHING they can latch onto for this

> arguments rather than the previous bazillion.
>
> Best regards,
> Mike C.
>
> *Obviously, no set of vectors contained entirely within 3D+t space can
> mathematically add up to a result ending outside of it. However, it might be
> possible to generate a physical phenomenon which could INTERACT with an existing
> extra-dimensional event or, perhaps, to produce an event whose nature defies

A scientist will tell you that the total amount of knowlege accumulated
by humanity since the first humans only account for a small fraction of
what can be known.

A religious zealot will tell you that a single book contains All and
Everything that is True, as well as Ultimate Knowlege of the Universe.