POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic : Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 26 Sep 2011 12:11:05
Message: <4e80a419$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/26/2011 8:57 AM, Warp wrote:
>    I have changed my mind during the years somewhat. The Distressed Watcher's
> take on the trilogy, while still at points a bit over-the-top, seemed more
> rational than anything else I have seen, and has actually convinced me a
> bit that perhaps they aren't such great movies after all. Not that they
> are bad (there definitely are much, much worse big-budget blockbusters
> out there)

I pretty much agree with your assessment of them, I think it's mostly
that their mediocrity was disappointing since people liked the originals
so much.  I hadn't heard the The Distresses Watcher's reviews, but I did
greatly enjoy Plinkett's also over-the-top but very well thought out
reviews of the prequels:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/
http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-ii-attack-of-the-clones/
http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/

You've probably seen them, but if not they're worth a watch.