POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A musical dilemma : Re: A musical dilemma Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A musical dilemma
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 22 Sep 2011 18:33:38
Message: <4e7bb7c2$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/22/2011 10:49 AM, Warp wrote:
>    I bought the game Kameo purely because of the cover image. The game is
> quite ok, and has a surprisingly *epic* soundtrack.
>
>    One track especially makes me wonder: Hero's Theme. I'm all but certain
> that I have heard this melody, or something very similar, somewhere else,
> but I just can't remember where. What could it be? Maybe another game?
> A movie? Something else?
>
>    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE9BE3H01-g

I suspect you heard the same song in another context (perhaps in some
user-created video or another online).  Assuming that's not the case,
however, there's a chance you're reminded of a song from the Metal Gear
Solid series.  Here's one rendition of the mane theme that's a bit similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNVCD1dsnJI#t=05m31s

Interestingly this theme (the Metal Gear one, less so the Kameo one) is
pretty blatantly lifted from one by the Soviet composer Gregory
Sviridov, so if this what you were reminded of there's two levels of
indirection to the original source.