POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random wonderings 6052701905145 : Re: Random wonderings 6052701905145 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:34:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random wonderings 6052701905145
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Sep 2011 04:11:12
Message: <4e76f920$1@news.povray.org>
>>> It's not a figure of speech, it's an inaccurate statement that those
>>> proponents of so-called "intelligent design" latch onto like leeches
>>> and say "see, see, there IS a creator!"
>>
>> And I really don't care if those fools want to purposely misunderstand
>> me. They aren't my intended audience.
>
> Propagating a misconception doesn't help all the same.  It's important to
> choose words with care.

Nobody worries for one second about saying things like "Word
misunderstood what I told it to do". Because very few people are stupid
enough to believe that a computer program like Word actually
"understands" anything. Similarly, our language is full of such
short-cuts, who's meaning is obvious. The only reason we're having this
conversation is that a few nutcases want to pretend that their invisible
friend made the universe. Well, that's their problem.