POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Brainteaser? : Re: Brainteaser? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brainteaser?
From: Warp
Date: 18 Sep 2011 11:28:56
Message: <4e760e38@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> If some-one gives you something for free and you sell it for 1c, how many
> % profit do you make?

  In principle there's no answer because there's a division by zero, and
there's no number in the set of reals that would be the answer to that
("infinity" is not part of the set of real numbers.)

  It's the same as asking: If I have 1 cent and divide it among zero people,
how many cents do I give to each person?

--
                                                          - Warp