POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer : Re: Data transfer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data transfer
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Sep 2011 10:13:30
Message: <4e74ab0a$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/16/2011 21:36, Jim Henderson wrote:
 > Linux is a kernel.  I'm not making assumptions about the kernel.

Incidentally, in the real world, nobody cares about the kernel. If you have
10,000 airline agents hitting your database from all around the world, and
your database server takes 10 minutes to restart and recache its indexes
after you upgrade the code, nobody really cares if the kernel survived the
upgrade or not. :-)  That's what always amuses me about such discussions.

Indeed, people don't really even care if it was the database down or the
router provided by your ISP.  A backhoe outside your door is going to screw
up your uptime stats as much as a kernel upgrade will.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?