POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer : Re: Data transfer Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data transfer
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Sep 2011 16:22:56
Message: <4e73b020$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/16/2011 12:57, Jim Henderson wrote:
> You specified servers and desktops - not appliance devices.

No I didn't.  I was responding to someone else's comment of

 >> Heathen! Linux machines do not need to be rebooted. Ever.

That didn't say "Linux machines with a full development environment
installed and to which you have root access never have to be rebooted."
That's my point here. :-)

> I've never had a need to, so I don't know.  Presumably you could stop a
> service or unload/reload a driver, or drop to single user mode and then

Cool. How do I drop to single-user mode on my cell phone?

Again, you're making assumptions that the linux in your phone (or your cable
box or your credit card terminal) is like the linux in your desktop or
server machine.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?