POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer : Re: Data transfer Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data transfer
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Sep 2011 12:48:51
Message: <4e6f8973$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/13/2011 1:06, Invisible wrote:
> Yes indeedy. (I also know that they got the usual meanings of "server" and
> "client" backwards too.)

No they didn't.  It's just that most people confuse "client" with "what I see."

> Now I haven't tried it, but I'm told is approximately /impossible/ to
> actually configure X so that you can access it remotely.

It's pretty easy if you want to start it after you already logged in via
text console.

> (OTOH, doesn't X allow more than one user to log in at once?

Not really. Remember, client and server are "reversed". You still need one
computer per user, and indeed, I don't know of any modern distro that lets
you lock the screen as one X user and then log in as a different user
without logging out the first one.  (Someone tell me if there's a way to do
this with Ubuntu! :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?