POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer : Re: Data transfer Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:28:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data transfer
From: Warp
Date: 13 Sep 2011 11:32:47
Message: <4e6f779f@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Damn. Setting up SSH has got a whole lot easier than when I tried to do
> it with Debian a few years ago.

> I'm presuming it defaults to password authentication though? As I
> recall, half the trouble was figuring out how to permanently and
> irrevocably disable password authentication and *only* allow public key
> authentication. (For one thing, you have to work out how to create a
> keypair...)

  Hmm, for some reason the sshd configuration module of yast is not
installed by default nowadays (it used to be with older versions of
opensuse). Well, it can be installed easily enough, though. (Although,
admittedly, you have to first figure out that you have to do this. I don't
understand why it isn't installed by default.)

  But yes, you can select RSA or public key authentication there.

http://doc.opensuse.org/products/opensuse/openSUSE/opensuse-security/cha.ssh.html#sec.ssh.yast

--
                                                          - Warp