POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer : Re: Data transfer Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data transfer
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Sep 2011 10:23:09
Message: <4e6f674d$1@news.povray.org>
>> So you're seriously telling me that with a default Linux install, not
>> only is an ssh server installed, but it's actually configured to allow
>> incoming connections and service them? And that X will actually work in
>> this configuration?
>
>    I don't remember if sshd is enabled by default on OpenSuse, but it's
> as easy to enable as doing a couple of mouse clicks (and typing the root
> password, so that yast can perform the system modifications). IIRC it even
> offers you to automatically open the ssh port on the firewall.

Damn. Setting up SSH has got a whole lot easier than when I tried to do
it with Debian a few years ago.

I'm presuming it defaults to password authentication though? As I
recall, half the trouble was figuring out how to permanently and
irrevocably disable password authentication and *only* allow public key
authentication. (For one thing, you have to work out how to create a
keypair...)