POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer : Re: Data transfer Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data transfer
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 13 Sep 2011 09:23:48
Message: <4e6f5964@news.povray.org>
Le 2011-09-13 04:07, Invisible a écrit :
> On 12/09/2011 10:20 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:17:02 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not aware of any Unix system which *defaults* to letting remote
>>> users access the entire filesystem if they know the root password.
>>> Probably because it's a stunningly bad idea, unless the local network is
>>> trusted. But anyway...
>>
>> Every unix system can do this with something like sshfs installed - on
>> the client side only - and sshd running on the server.
>
> Yes, if you /install stuff/ you can do it.
>
> My point is that Windows lets you do this by default.
 > Nothing to install,

Correction: Everything required is installed as part of the default
installation.

> nothing to configure.

Correction:  Everything is preconfigured as part of the default
installation.

> It's the *default* configuration state,
> unless you purposely changed it.

SO, if I was to provide you with a Linux distro that had ftpd and sshd
installed by default, and allowed remote root logins, would you concede
the point?