POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer : Re: Data transfer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:35:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data transfer
From: Warp
Date: 13 Sep 2011 06:28:45
Message: <4e6f305d@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> On 13/09/2011 08:30 AM, Warp wrote:

> >    I like how to you everything in Windows is "trivial". Like using soft or
> > hard links (which, btw, I have still no idea how to do, regardless of your
> > assurances that it's very easy).

> End users aren't supposed to use this technology. It's used "under the
> hood" by various Windows features. Remember, the desktop Windows OS is
> designed to be operated by morons.

  I don't think Windows uses soft links itself either. Soft links are
supported by NTFS, but I don't think Windows itself uses them for anything.
(After all, Windows has to be able to work if installed on a FAT32 partition
too.) Same's probably true for hard links.

  (And no, "shortcuts" are not soft links. They are a completely different
thing.)

--
                                                          - Warp