POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer : Re: Data transfer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data transfer
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Sep 2011 06:15:06
Message: <4e6f2d2a$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/09/2011 11:12 AM, Warp wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> Under Unix, you'd have to install some
>> stuff and configure it before that would work. (Argue amongst yourselves
>> which one is better...)
>
>    I really can't understand where you are getting this from. Not from what
> I said, at least. I said that transferring files has been one of the core
> features of unix from the very beginning. You make it sound like I had said
> the exact opposite: That you need to do a lot of work to achieve that.

You said that it's always been easy to transfer files with Unix, and
that Windows makes it far too difficult.

I said that Windows allows it *by default*, whereas under Unix you'd
have to set up and configure a bunch of stuff first.

So, by my reckoning, transferring files is *easier* with Windows, not
harder.

Now, if you want to talk about *security*, that's an entire other topic
of course...