POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Revelations : Re: Revelations Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revelations
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Sep 2011 06:04:23
Message: <4e6c87a7@news.povray.org>
On 05/09/2011 11:33 AM, Invisible wrote:

> Maybe I should put the whole set on YouTube? Then again, I'd have to
> transcode it somehow. Currently all the videos are uncompressed.

Actually, no. It's Huffyuv compressed.

I have "ffdshow" installed on my PC, which means that I can compress
videos with VirtualDub. However, for reasons I don't full understand, it
is impossible to *decompress* videos with VirtualDub. The videos play
perfectly well, but when you ask VD to open them, it utterly insists
that it can't find the correct codec. (My best guess is that it's
looking for a codec named "Huffyuv", and ffdshow isn't called "Huffyuv".)

Does anybody know how to force VD to use ffdshow to decode the video? If
you select the "advanced open dialog", it offers to let you specify a
"FOURCC code", but I don't know if that helps...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/