POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My hypothesis : Re: My hypothesis Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My hypothesis
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Sep 2011 14:10:00
Message: <4e6a5678@news.povray.org>
On 9/9/2011 9:57, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Well, yes, I was referring to the only architecture in existence that people
> are likely to be writing desktop applications for. :-P

I think even amongst Intel and AMD x64 and x86 architectures, this varies.
I'm pretty sure it's not 100% automatic or there wouldn't be instructions
for causing it to happen.

> I saw a paper a while back about how Google (I forget which center)
> translated part of the monitoring system from Python to Haskell, and
> documented what they did and didn't find beneficial about this.

Ah. Well, there's monitoring out the wazoo here, so I'm quite certain they
didn't rewrite even a majority of it.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?