POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF moment : Re: Today's WTF moment Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF moment
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Sep 2011 18:50:22
Message: <4e65522e$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/5/2011 10:47 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 9/5/2011 8:52, Invisible wrote:
>> Yes, but under /normal/ circumstances, it boils at 100°C, which is why
>> it's
>> defined that way. :-P
>
> No it doesn't. At 100°C, it's in equilibrium. Just like at 0°C, it's
> neither getting more frozen or less frozen.

Worse than that, in certain conditions you can "hyper-heat" water, and,
I assume, probably super cool it, without changing state. In the former
case you just need a container that has "no" places for bubbles to form.
Not sure what you would need to do in the later case to make it happen,
if you could.