POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bastion : Re: Bastion: Completed Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bastion: Completed
From: Slime
Date: 3 Sep 2011 17:15:02
Message: <4e6298d6$1@news.povray.org>
> This final level also has some pretty steep difficulty. Quite apart from
 > the fact that the last 3 sublevels are basically endless jumping
 > puzzles, there's a hitherto unseen level of close combat involved. To
 > describe it as "challenging" would be an understatement.

I found the last level rather trivial, but that's because I had upgraded
the Calamity Cannon all the way.

 > The highest possible level is level 10, and by the time I completed the
 > game I had only reached level 5. Similarly, most of my weapons had been
 > upgraded to level 2 or 3, out of a maximum of 7. There's still a
 > stackload of "vigils" I haven't got yet, and a bunch of items I
 > collected which I didn't have the cash to "repair" yet.

That's because...

 > Completing the game also actives a "special new game option". I haven't
 > tried it, but apparently it lets you do things like start a new game
 > with level 10 skill, all weapons available, all upgrades unlocked, etc.

This option doesn't start you at level 10, it leaves you where you are
and lets you continue to level up and upgrade your weapons.

 > I've yet to complete either of the other two main challenges. (Mainly
 > because I've yet to discover a way to kill Anklegators.)

Run or roll over them to make them pop up, then turn around and do some
damage quickly.

 > (Interestingly, I'm short of two idols. No idea
 > how you get those, given that I've searched every level...)

I think they're in the shop.

  - Slime