POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Braid, Bastion and Beyond : Re: Braid, Bastion and Beyond Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Braid, Bastion and Beyond
From: Warp
Date: 2 Sep 2011 07:43:07
Message: <4e60c14a@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> On 31/08/2011 06:59 AM, Warp wrote:

> >    What a waste of money. This should be illegal.

> Blatantly misleading advertising? Yeah, I was under the impression it
> *is* illegal...

  Well, technically speaking there *is* a single-player mode, and when
the back cover description is vague enough and doesn't explicitly mention
anything resembling a normal single-player story mode...

  Even a "requires an internet connection to play" isn't enough because
many single-player games (even ones with no multiplayer option at all)
have that requirement nowadays.

  What I would like, however, is if they passed a law that said that
games have to *clearly* express if they are online multiplayer games with
no actual single-player story mode, or whether the online multiplayer mode
is just an extra on top of the actual single-player story mode.

--
                                                          - Warp