POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bastion : Re: Bastion Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bastion
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Sep 2011 04:28:00
Message: <4e609390@news.povray.org>
On 02/09/2011 12:21 AM, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Basically, as a 'game' its pretty damn open, with the only rules being
> to stay "in theme" with what is going on in CoLA. But, there are several
> other similar systems around, and probably close to a thousand (or more)
> sims running some sort of combat system, with roleplaying going on,
> hundreds of them based on the same Community Combat System as CoLA has.

That sounds more or less like the FI2 syndrome: A game that's so "open"
that not only can you do anything, but that's even what you're
/supposed/ to do. In other words, there's no goal. You just make one up
and try to attain it. Which is incredibly unsatisfying. (Or maybe it's
just that FI2 was a really bad game, I don't know...)